T: 01483 427792 M: 07776 061670
We are delighted to open this new Mindfulness Champions Training (MCT). This training is open to 8 individuals at NPL who have undertaken a mindfulness course, regularly attend the Tuesday lunchtime practice session, have a regular mindfulness practice, and are interested in taking a greater role within the NPL mindfulness community.
The aim of the training is to:
- Equip you to lead mindfulness practices and discussions within the Tuesday lunchtime sessions
- Enable you to run mindfulness taster sessions for colleagues
- Provide support and encouragement to NPL’s mindfulness community
- Deepen and enrich your personal mindfulness practice
- Recognise the commitment you have made to your mindfulness practice
The training will be run by Alison Armstrong of Present Minds, and will entail the following:
- Attendance at 3 training sessions as follows (module outline can be viewed here):
- Module 1: Monday 23rd April 2018, 12.30-4.30pm (in F16 CS7)
- Module 2: Tuesday 29h May 2018, 12.30-4.30pm (in G15 CS4)
- Module 3: Monday 11th June 2018, 9.30am-5pm (in G15 CS4)
- Ongoing commitment to personal practice
- Reflective journal writing
- Teaching practice
After the course has ended and you are beginning to offer your guidance and support to the mindfulness community at NPL, you will be invited to have supervisory support from Alison, which initially will be paid for by NPL (longer term, you will need to consider what supervision support you require, and may need to pay for it). This training will not qualify you to run mindfulness courses at NPL or elsewhere.
If you wish to apply for the training, please complete the form below.
Places will be allocated based on the following criteria:
- Your commitment to personal practice
- Your existing engagement with, and what you feel you can offer to the NPL mindfulness community
- Your commitment to the training
- The order in which applications are received by Alison