T: 01483 427792 M: 07776 061670
Dr Alison Armstrong
Alison is the founder and lead trainer for Present Minds Ltd. She is passionate about improving the way we live and work so that we not only have improved mental and emotional well-being, but also opportunities for genuine thriving. She brings her considerable and varied experience, and applies it in a clear and straightforward manner to the challenges set by modern life. She continues to be actively involved in research, and is a CUSP Visiting Fellow at the University of Surrey.
- 10 years in engineering-related positions, including technical software support, sales, and non-technical management within the space, aerospace and ship-building sectors
- 4 years part-time consulting in the sustainability sector, including as Sustainability Officer in local government, and technical advisor for sustainability services to the arts and cultural sector
Her academic achievements include:
- PhD in Social Psychology (2012), which involved research into Mindfulness in relation to consumer behaviour (University of Surrey)
- MSc in Sustainable Development (2011, University of Surrey, Distinction)
- BSc in Mathematics with Engineering (1995, Nottingham University, Upper Second)
Her training has included:
- Mindfulness-Based Interventions Teacher Training (predominantly Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction) (2011, Bangor University), and with ongoing CPD courses every year since. Alison is a listed mindfulness teacher on the UK Network for Mindfulness Teachers
- Mental Health First Aid Training (2016, MHFA England)
- Mindfulness-Based Compassionate Living Teacher Training (2017, Compassionate Living, Netherlands)
- Dot-B Foundations Training (2015, Mindfulness in Schools Project)
- Yoga Teacher Training (2005, Devon School of Yoga)
Sue has been exploring mindfulness and its applications personally & professionally for over 15 years. She holds a Master of Business in Leadership & Organisation Dynamics and works with organisations where change impacts the desired personal performance of individuals and teams. This involves observation, listening, developing strategy, facilitating workshops and agreeing approaches to engage all. She completed a Mindfulness Based programme with Alison in 2014 and has attended a variety of retreats.
Sue has worked with organisations in Europe, Australia and the USA and understands the varying dynamics of global and local businesses. Having managed various teams of people and all aspects of the consultancy cycle from sales through design, implementation, evaluation and on to referral, she brings valuable perspectives to corporate clients introducing organisation wide programmes impacting personal development and wellbeing. Sue believes passionately in support for everyone from the boardroom to the frontline, in the office and out in the field. She has worked across multiple sectors including IT, financial and professional services, hospitality, airlines, social housing, manufacturing, health and retail.
- BA in Geography from the University of Leicester, UK
- Graduate Diploma in Organisation Behaviour
- Diploma in Training Management.
- Member of the Chartered Institute of People and Development (MCIPD)
- Certified facilitator of the Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI).
We work with a range of highly qualified and motivated associates as required to deliver quality training programmes. We only work with those who have the appropriate qualifications and experience, and who share our values and vision.
Elinor Brown is a well-known and well-loved mindfulness teacher. She has an interest in nurturing healthy minds and building positive practices. She is passionate about the potential we all have to ‘be the change’ and the role of self-care, awareness and choice in enhancing communication, relationships, leadership and performance. Integrity is key to her work, and her own practice is fundamental to her professional and personal life. Her work with Present Minds is to deliver mindfulness interventions in the workplace.
Elinor is recognized as meeting the UK Good Practice Guidelines on the Network for Mindfulness-Based Teacher Training Organisations Listing. She has trained to teach Mindfulness programmes with Bangor and Oxford Universities.
Chloe strives to create workplaces where everyone can thrive. She works as Research & Policy Manager for Business in the Community (BITC), the Prince’s Responsible Business Network. She is responsible for leading key research projects to ensure inclusion in the workplace and she engages in high-level consultations with key business leaders and policy-makers to develop resources that will drive change for women and men at work. She also chairs the well-being network, Be Well. Her current role with Present Minds is to deliver MHFA and Line Manager Training.
She has also undertaken training in positive psychology – the science of happiness and human flourishing – to increase her impact and promote happier and healthier workplaces.
Philippa is a professional Co-Active coach, working with individuals and organisations. She works with clients to create transformative action and reconnect them with the power of choice. She engages with Present Minds clients after someone has completed a mindfulness course, and wishes to use the learning and awareness gained to make changes in their lives. Philippa has an MA from Oxford University, and has worked in and with the media, legal, corporate and charity sectors in her previous career.
- Trained by the Coach Training Institute, one of the largest coaching professional bodies in the world, as a Co-Active Coach – currently qualifying as a Professional Certified Coach
- 7 years in organisational management, with past 4 as an internal coach and leader on people and development at an environmental charity. Organisational changes resulted in charity becoming the ‘second happiest organisation we ever surveyed’ in independent benchmarking as by Happy People Management
- Studied mindfulness with and contributed to study by Aberystwyth University
- Behaviour change expert with experience of running programmes in a range of organisations, including a Big Six energy company, a major supermarket chain and an NHS trust
“Philippa’s coaching has had a transformative effect on my life. Whether it be having a chat, visualising success, drawing diagrams or physically enacting a goal, Philippa radiates enthusiasm for your journey. She provides a wonderful mix of support and challenge. I have, quite simply, have grown as a person as a direct result of her input.” Christine Kinnear, Marketing Consultant
“Philippa has a great skill at asking the right questions to make you find your own right answers. She has a really supportive style yet isn’t afraid to challenge you. Working with her has been incredibly helpful and motivating as well as really enjoyable!” Caroline Watson, C40 Cities.
Virtual admin support for Present Minds Ltd is provided by Catherine at Manage My Admin. If you could do with some admin support please contact her at Manage My Admin: www.managemyadmin.co.uk or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Maggie has provided website support and development for Present Minds since 2014. With over 20 years experience in website creation, Maggie works with organisations and individuals to create, develop and support their online presence. maggiegreene.co.ukWe are not recruiting for any other roles at the moment. We thank you for your interest in Present Minds and will post details of vacant positions and work experience opportunities as they become available.